High-Mix Prototype PCB Assembly
Why is Prototype PCB Assembly Needed?
When a printed circuit board is designed by an engineer, no one can assure it will be functionally well 100%. So a few prototypes are always needed to avoid big losses in mass production if there are any design errors. The quantity is around 1 to 100 pcs normally. We call this prototype PCB assembly.
Besides, Prototype PCB assembly may also be needed to evaluate a new supplier, even if is it a mature product. Since there is a potential risk if moving an existing product to a new supply.
Get a free quote now!
Why Choose Visasion's Prototype PCB Assembly?
Dedicated to small to medium-volume production
Since our foundation in 2007, we have been dedicated to small to medium-volume prototype printed circuit board assembly. All our equipment and personnel are prepared to meet this goal.
Prototype Printed Circuit Board Assembly Process Steps
How to Select A Prototype PCB Assembly Manufacturer
The following can guide how to select a prototype PCB assembly manufacturer.
Get an Instant Online Quote Today
Viasion Technology is your trusted partner & one-stop shop for PCB fabrication, components sourcing, PCB assembly and electronic manufacturing. With more than 16 years of experience, we have been supplying high-quality PCBs with competitive pricing for 1000+ customers worldwide. Our company is ISO9001:2015 Certified & UL Listed, and all our products are 100% E-tested and inspected by AOI & X-RAY to meet the highest industry standards. So please get an instant quote from our sales team now, and we will take care of the rest.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) A prototype PCB assembly can help you identify design flaws that can be corrected before mass production runs.
2) Testing prototype PCB assembly ensures that PCBA designs are working properly and reduces the risk of errors before mass production.
The types of prototype PCB assembly we offer include SMT assembly, PTH assembly, SMT+PTH mixed assembly, manual assembly as well as the assembly of rigid PCB, flex PCB, and rigid-flex PCB.
The following are prototype assembly testing are used in prototype PCB assembly.
1) Electrical Test (E-test)
2) AOI (Automated Optical
4) ICT (In-circuit Test)
5) FCT (Functional Test)
Viasion’s prototype PCB assembly capabilities are as follows.
1) Assembly type: SMT assembly, PTH assembly, SMT+PTH mixed, manual assembly
2) PCB type: rigid PCB, flex PCB, rigid-flex PCB
3) PCB parts: turnkey, partial turnkey, consigned assembly
4) Components type: all kinds of passive and active electronic components .
5) SMT components type: SOP, BGA, uBGA, QFN, DFN, PLCC, POP, CGA, CSP
6) Min. SMT component size：0201
7) Min. PCB dimensions: min. 0.2 *0.2”
8) Max. PCB dimensions: max. 20*28”
9) Inspections: AOI (automatic visual inspection), X-ray
10) Testing: ICT (in-circuit test), FCT(functional test)
11) Cable assembly available
12) Conformal coating
13) IC programming
14) Box build assembly
15) Electro-mechanical assembly
16) PCB Repair services
17) Lead time: 1-5 days
18) Quantity available: 1 to 10,000pcs
Yes, Viasion will perform a components analysis for prototype PCB assembly if our customers require it. In addition, we also can carry out the manufacturing of prototype PCB assembly according to the BOM that is provided by customers. Which is very important for rapid prototyping PCB assembly.
PCB prototype assembly service means PCB assembly for samples or prototypes, but PCB prototype service means production of bare printed circuit board.
The standard turnaround time for a prototype PCB assembly takes 1-5 days.
The following factors need to be considered to estimate the cost of prototype PCB assembly.
1) The total number of components
2) Quantity and the size of the batch
3) The assembly technology used
4) The required manufacturing process
5) The number of layers of bare PCB and materials used
6)The requirements of conformal coating
1) Validate the design by facilitating testing of system operation and performance.
2) Continuously modify the design until the highest-quality PCB assembly is obtained.
The production of prototype PCB assembly mainly includes the following process steps.
1) The manufacturing of the PCB
2) Purchasing and inspection of components
3) The SMT processing
4) DIP plug-in processing
6) Testing of the PCBA
1) It can ensure that the subsequent mass production process is smoother, and the related material management and personnel management can also be arranged and scheduled according to the process of prototype PCB assembly, so it can effectively eliminate the waste of human resources and waste of material resources.
2) One of the purposes of the prototype PCB assembly is to reduce the occurrence of errors during the mass production of PCBA.
1) The cost of prototype PCB assembly is high.
2) More manpower and resources are needed to produce low-volume and high-mix assemblies.
We offer both prototype SMT assembly and prototype PTH assembly.
Yes, we are a PCB prototype and assembly supplier. Besides PCB Prototype Assembly, we also supply all kinds of PCB Prototype, including rigid PCB Prototype, flexible PCB Prototype, rigid flex PCB Prototype, HDI PCB Prototype, aluminum PCB Prototype, metal PCB Prototype, blind & buried vias PCB Prototype etc.