Your Trusted Partner for Automotive PCB Fabrication
What is an automotive PCB?
As the name suggests, automotive PCBs are printed circuit boards designed for automotive applications. They are PCBs with higher standards than normal PCBs used in consumer electronics, such as better grade material, thicker copper plating thickness and solder mask thickness, tighter tolerances, etc.
These PCBs can withstand extreme temperatures and vibration while providing reliable electrical connections in automotive systems. In Viasion, we are adept at manufacturing different kinds of automotive circuit boards with highest quality.
Get a free quote now!
Why Choose Viasion for Your Automotive PCB
Types of Automotive PCB
Specifically, automotive PCB has the following classifications.
The Characteristics of Automotive PCB
Get an Instant Online Quote Today
Viasion Technology is your trusted partner & one-stop shop for PCB fabrication, components sourcing, PCB assembly and electronic manufacturing. With more than 16 years of experience, we have been supplying high-quality PCBs with competitive pricing for 1000+ customers worldwide. Our company is ISO9001:2015 Certified & UL Listed, and all our products are 100% E-tested and inspected by AOI & X-RAY to meet the highest industry standards. So please get an instant quote from our sales team now, and we will take care of the rest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Automotive PCBs are printed circuit boards specifically designed for automotive applications.
An automotive circuit board is designed to meet the industry’s standards for high reliability, temperature tolerance and vibration resistance. At the same time, standard PCBs cannot withstand these automotive-specific conditions.
Using an automotive PCB can bring the following benefits.
1. Improved performance
2. Enhanced reliability
Since automotive PCBs are very reliable, we should be careful when choosing suppliers for your projects:
1. Experience in the production of automotive standards;
2. High quality and tight tolerance in board thickness, copper width, etc;
4. Great customer service team.
In general, the basic process of automotive circuit board design is as follows: diagram → PCB outline → PCB stackup → copper trace routing → optimization and checking → network and DRC check → generate PCB files.
The following are the main steps of automotive circuit board manufacturing in a simplified way.
Inner layer copper → Lamination → Sheet cutting → Drilling → Dry film and exposure → Copper etching → Copper Plating → Solder mask → Silkcreen printing → Surface Finishes → Profiling → E-testing → Quality Checking → Packaging
Automotive PCB designers must follow the guidelines below to better design automotive circuit boards.
1. Consider the design requirements of automotive systems, including temperature, vibration, automotive protocols, and automotive-grade components.
2. Pay attention to the use of automotive-grade components, robust electrical schematics, advanced noise mitigation techniques, reliable soldering technology, and circuit simulation verification.
3. Automotive PCB designers must ensure that their design meets EMI/EMC requirements, automotive safety regulations, and automotive component qualifications.
Apart from the above benefits, we should consider the risks of using an automotive circuit board.
1. Automotive PCBs are vulnerable to electrostatic discharge (ESD), which can cause permanent damage to the automotive PCB and its components, resulting in system failure or malfunction.
2. Thermal runaway can cause the degradation of the automotive PCB’s components and result in system failure.
3. Additionally, automotive circuit boards can be prone to corrosion if exposed to corrosive substances or moist environments.