16+ Years Experience in Aluminia PCB Manufacturing
A Brief Introduction to Alumina PCB
Alumina PCB is a circuit board made with alumina ceramic as the substrate material. Alumina PCBs are known for their superior performance, high thermal conductivity and excellent durability in harsh environments. In addition, given that Alumina substrates offer higher electrical insulation than traditional FR4 materials, Alumina substrate PCBs are ideal for applications that require extreme operating temperatures or need to meet tight tolerance requirements. In Viaison, we manufacture high-quality Alumina PCBs that satisfy customers’ needs.
Get a free quote now!
Viasion’s Advantages as A One-Stop Alumina PCB Manufacturer
The Applications of Alumina PCBs
The Benefits of Using Alumina PCBs
Alumina PCB Design Considerations
Regarding designing PCB made by Alumina material, Viasion sums up several factors to consider:
Alumina can withstand high temperatures, making it ideal for applications requiring sustained elevated temperatures.
Alumina PCB design requires careful consideration of these factors and other important considerations, such as the cost of production and materials.
Alumina PCB Manufacturing Process
According to Viasion‘s experience, the manufacturing process begins with selecting an appropriate Alumina material as required by the board’s design requirements. The Alumina is then cut and formed into the desired PCB shape with a CNC machine. Next, holes are drilled into the Alumina to accommodate components and conductive tracks. Once all components have been mounted onto the Alumina printed circuit boards, it is ready to be soldered. This step can be done by hand or with an automated soldering machine. Finally, the Alumina PCB is tested to ensure it meets the expected specifications before being shipped out.
Challenges in Alumina PCB Production
Alumina PCB Cost
Get an Instant Online Quote Today
Viasion Technology is your trusted partner & one-stop shop for PCB fabrication, components sourcing, PCB assembly and electronic manufacturing. With more than 16 years of experience, we have been supplying high-quality PCBs with competitive pricing for 1000+ customers worldwide. Our company is ISO9001:2015 Certified & UL Listed, and all our products are 100% E-tested and inspected by AOI & X-RAY to meet the highest industry standards. So please get an instant quote from our sales team now, and we will take care of the rest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alumina PCBs have some advantages over traditional glass-epoxy PCBs. Take, for example, the following ones.
- Excellent thermal conductivity.
- Good machining properties.
- Alumina PCBs are much more durable.
- Alumina substrate PCBs are also much lighter.
- Alumina PCBs have excellent electrical insulation properties.
When designing an alumina PCB, we need to consider the following points.
- Alumina PCBs are always used in applications that need excellent thermal conductivity.
- Alumina PCBs are suitable for applications where no mechanical strain will be applied.
- Alumina substrate PCBs must be designed with proper cooling in mind by combining heat sinking or thermal vias.
- Designers must use carefully chosen components to avoid component cracking.
- Designers should also understand that alumina PCB material is much more expensive than FR4 materials
Unique processes and techniques are needed in the production of Alumina PCBs. Besides, an experienced production and engineering team is significant.
Semiconductor, Automotive Electronics, Aerospace, Transportation, Medical electronics, Military applications, Telecommunications, Consumer electronics, etc.
Our stand lead time for alumina PCBs is 1-3 weeks. The lead time varies from requirements for an alumina PCB, such as the material type, board size, order quantity, layers and complexity.
The following factors determine the cost of an alumina PCB.
- The type of the base laminate
- The thickness of the alumina substrate
- The layer count of alumina PCB
- Layup structure
- The weight of the copper foil
- Surface Finish Types
- The quantity of the order
- Shipping cost