Shenzhen VIASION Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. has its own SMT chip factory, which can provide SMT chip processing services for the smallest package 0201 components, and supports various processing forms of incoming materials and samples and PCBA OEM materials. In SMT processing, chip components and plug-in components are the most commonly used components, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The difference between chip components and plug-in components for SMT processing
Advantages of selecting SMT components for SMT processing:
1. Reduce product volume: The volume of SMD components is only about 1/10 of that of traditional plug-in components; after general SMT processing, the volume of electronic products is reduced by 40% to 60%.
2. Improve production efficiency and reduce costs: SMT patch processing is easy to automate, improve production efficiency, save materials, energy, equipment, manpower, time, etc., and reduce costs by 30% to 50%.
3. Light weight: The weight of the patch component is only 10% of the traditional plug-in component; generally, the weight of the product is reduced by 60% to 80% after using SMT.
4. High reliability and strong anti-vibration ability.
5. Good high frequency characteristics, reduce electromagnetic and radio frequency interference.
6. Low defect rate of solder joints.
Advantages of using plug-in components for SMT processing:
1. They are all power devices, which require high heat dissipation, and their performance is much higher than that of SMD components, which can keep the product's performance stable and lasting.
2. The failure rate is low, it is easy to check, it can directly feedback the defect, and it does not need to use special equipment.
3. Better anti-bump performance, facing high-frequency, high-amplitude vibration and bumps, it can maintain the stable performance of the product better than SMD components.