Inductor is a common electronic component in SMT chip. Chip inductor is also called power inductor, high current inductor and surface mount high power inductor. It has the characteristics of miniaturization, high quality, high energy storage and low resistance. , Is one of the basic electronic components for SMT chip processing.
Inductance is the ratio of the magnetic flux of the wire to the current that produces the magnetic flux when alternating current is passed through the wire, which produces alternating magnetic flux inside and around the wire. So how should we choose the chip inductors during smt chip processing:
1. The total width of the chip inductor should be lower than the total width of the inductor to avoid excessive soldering materials from causing excessive tensile stress to change the inductor value when the water is cooled.
2. The precision of the chip inductors available on the sales market is mostly ±10%. If the precision is higher than ±5%, you must order early.
3. Some chip inductors can be welded by reflow oven and wave soldering, but there are also some chip inductors that cannot be welded by wave soldering.
4. During maintenance, it is not possible to replace the inductor with a chip inductor only by the amount of inductor. In order to ensure the operating characteristics, it is also necessary to understand the operating frequency range of the chip inductor.
5. The appearance design and specification basis of the chip inductors are similar, and the appearance design does not have a distinctive mark. When hand-soldering or hand-made patches, you must be very careful and don’t make mistakes or pick up the wrong parts.
6. At this stage, there are three common chip inductors: the first type, high-frequency inductors for microwave heating. Applicable for frequency range applications around 1GHz. The second type is high-frequency chip inductors. It is suitable for series resonance control circuit and frequency selective power supply circuit. The third type is practical inductors. Generally applicable to power circuits of tens of megahertz.
7. Different products use different diameters of magnetic coils. Even if the same amount of inductor is used, the resistance measurement displayed is not the same. In the high-frequency control loop, resistance measurement is very harmful to the Q value, so pay attention to it when designing the scheme.
8. Allowable is an index value of chip inductance according to the larger amount of current. When the power supply circuit must be responsible for the large amount of current, this index value of the capacitor must be taken into consideration.
9. When power inductors are used in DC/DC converters, their inductor size will immediately endanger the working attitude of the power circuit. According to the actual situation, the method of adjusting the magnetic coil can usually be used to change the inductor size to achieve the best practical effect.
10. Communication equipment working in the frequency range of 150~900MHz, usually wire-wound inductors. In the frequency power circuit around 1GHz, microwave heating high-frequency inductors must be used.