High-Quality 6 Layer PCBs with Competitive Pricing
What is a 6 layer PCB
6-layer PCB means the printed circuit boards with six conductive layers. All the six conductive layers are connected by plated holes to achieve the electronic function.
As the mother of electronic products, with the development of society, electronic products are also changing with each passing day. Multilayer boards such as 6-layer printed circuit boards are increasingly popular and frequently used in commercial, industrial, and high-end military and aviation industries. The 6-layer printed circuit board has always been the main business of Viasion, and 6-layer printed circuit boards are more widely used in portable communication devices and other household electronic devices in our lives, which are closely related to us.
Get a free quote now!
An Introduction to the 6 layer Printed Circuit Board
They are the internal layer, the external layer, and the inner plane. There are two internal and two external layers, and the two internal planes are the Power plane layer and Ground layer, respectively. The layered design, such as a 6-layer board, can effectively improve EMI to avoid mutual influence and interference between high and low signals.
According to Viasion’s more than 16 years of production experience, most of the six-layer printed circuit boards we encounter are usually the top layer – ground plane layer – routing layer – routing layer – power layer – bottom layer. This is a typical six-layer board layer, but it does not apply to all. It will be adjusted and changed according to customer needs and product characteristics. Please contact us freely when you are trying to find a trustworthy 6 layer PCB manufacturer.
Benefits of Using 6 Layer Printed Circuit Board
In recent years, the demands of Viasion’s partners on the 6-layer PCB are also been increasing and extensive. Compared with the original single-sided printed circuit board and the double-sided printed circuit board extended behind, the six-layer printed circuit board in the multilayer board has irreplaceable advantages. The advantages and characteristics of the six-layer printed circuit board are described in detail below.
Common Materials for 6 layer Circuit Boards
Different from single-sided PCB and double-layer PCB, multilayer PCB, involving six-layer PCB, use different substrates from the former two simple PCBs, usually choosing thin inner core Copper Clad Laminate which is commonly called CCL, including Prepreg.
Usually, CCL is also distinguished, and it is divided into two different types according to the mechanical rigidity of the material: rigid CCL and flexible CCL, also namely called FCCL.
In addition to the mechanical rigidity of CCL, CCL will also be divided into more types according to the main resin used. According to Viasion’s many years of production experience, the following are often used： phenolic resin, epoxy resin (EP), polyimide resin (PI), polyester resin (PE”r), polyphenylene ether resin (PPE), bismaleimide triazine resin (BT), etc.
6 layer Printed Circuit Board Design Steps
According to Viasion's cooperation experience on lines, the following lists some key points of ground wiring that should be paid attention to.
Standard and Typical 6-Layer PCB Stack-up
There is a standard and typical 6-layer PCB stack-up (signal-ground-signal-signal-power-signal). The stack up can be varied for specific boards but generally needs to meet the following requirements.
How to Arrange the Signal, Power, and Ground Planes on a 6-layer PCB Stack Up?
There is a reasonable arrangement for a 6-layer PCB stack-up (signal-ground-signal-power-ground-signal) to get a proper 6 layer PCB manufacturing.
This stack-up scheme results in better signal integrity. The signal layer is adjacent to the ground layer, and the power and ground layers are paired. The impedance of each alignment layer can be well controlled, and both ground layers can absorb magnetic lines well. In addition, with the power and ground layers intact, a good reflow path can be provided for each signal layer.
The above is Viasion’s more than ten years of design experience with six-layer circuit boards. With the continuous progress of society, electronic products have never stopped developing. Multilayer boards, including 6-layer circuit boards, will be more and more widely and mainstream in the future. Viasion has rich experience in this field but also keeps learning and accepting new things.
We look forward to establishing a good and long-term cooperative relationship with you. Please contact us freely for a 6-layer PCB quote.
How Can We Help You to Make Your 6 Layer PCBs A Reality?
After cooperating with our company and sending files and the appropriate information, we will manufacture high-quality 6-layer PCBs according to your requirements. Our simple wish to offer you services won’t help you to make your 6-layer PCBs a reality. Instead, practical cooperation will help. Our maximum capacity of manufacturing high-quality 6-layer and sincere services will not make your 6-layer PCBs a dream but a reality. If you have any doubt in the design, you mean order 6 layer PCB prototype to test the functions first.
Why Choose Us?
As a 4 layer PCB manufacturer, Viasion has 16 years of manufacturing experience. Viasion has also worked hard on six-layer and multi-layer printed circuit boards for decades, with rich experience and achievements. For the following reasons, Viasion as your 6-layer PCB supplier is a good try.
Get an Instant Online Quote Today
Viasion Technology is your trusted partner & one-stop shop for PCB fabrication, components sourcing, PCB assembly and electronic manufacturing. With more than 16 years of experience, we have been supplying high-quality PCBs with competitive pricing for 1000+ customers worldwide. Our company is ISO9001:2015 Certified & UL Listed, and all our products are 100% E-tested and inspected by AOI & X-RAY to meet the highest industry standards. So please get an instant quote from our sales team now, and we will take care of the rest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it has many advantages, and it is needed in many different types of electronic products.
1) Small size: Due to the multi-layer design, 6-layer printed circuit boards are smaller than others, which is particularly beneficial for microdevices.
2) Quality-driven design:The 6-layer PCB stack design requires a lot of planning. This helps to reduce errors in detail, thus ensuring a high-quality construction.
3) Lightweight construction:Compact PCBs are made possible by using lightweight components, which helps reduce the overall weight of the PCB. Unlike single-sided or double-sided PCBs, there is no need to use multiple connectors to interconnect components on 6 layer PWB.
4) Improved durability:6 layer PCBs use multiple insulation layers between circuits, and these layers are bonded by protective materials and different prepreg adhesives, which helps to improve the durability of 6 layer PCBs.
5) Excellent electrical performance:6-layer circuit boards have excellent electrical performance to ensure high speed and high capacity in compact designs.
Every coin has two sides. Besides advantages, there are some drawbacks to 6-layer PCBs, such as high cost, long manufacturing time, complex manufacturing process, lower yield rate than 2-layer PCB, and serious difficulty in reworking.
The main industry standards for 6-layer PCBs are listed below. Incidentally, Viasion is a leading PCB manufacturer with the following certifications.
1) IPC-A-600 for PCB manufacturing
2) IPC-A-610 for PCB assembly
3) ISO 9001 for quality management
4) ISO 14001 for environmental protection management
5) ISO 13485 for quality management of 6-layer medical PCBs
6) RoHS & REACH
7) UL 94V-0 flammability rating
The cost of the 6-layer PCB is determined by many factors. Some of these factors are as follows.
1) The base material is used
2) The size, shape, and thickness of the 6-layer PCB
3) The method of surface finish
4) The weight of copper
5) The number and size of drilling holes
6) The density of the circuit
7）The layup structure
8) The technology is used
Viasion has 16 years of experience in printed circuit boards production, so we can supply high quality PCB boards at highly competitive pricing, including 6-layer circuit board.
Both 6 layers and 8 layers are very common in PCB industry. It depends on function and usage of the electronic devices. But higher layer counts means higher cost, so please design as 6 layer stackup rather than 8 layer if possible.
FR4 Copper Clad Laminate (CCL) materials are commonly used in a 6-layer PCB. But other materials such as polyimide, ceramic, metal core, etc are also used in 6 layer PCBs.
6-layer PCBs can be classified by the rigidity and the main resin of the CCL. The main classifications are as follows.
1) Rigid FR4 CCL
2) Flexible CCL
5) polyimide (PI)
6) polyester (PET)
7) polyphenylene ether resin (PPE)
8) bismaleimide triazine resin (BT)
1) As the first step in a stack-up design, it is important to analyze and address the number of ground, power, and signal layers that the 6-layer PCB may need.
2) The ground layers are an important part of any stack-up because they provide better shielding for 6-layer PCBs.
3) For dense boards with a small size: If you plan the routing of a dense board with a small size, you can arrange four signal layers, one ground layer, and one power layer.
4) PCB material should be carefully chosen to meet the function. Especially for the PCBs with controlled impedance.
5) In the PCB production process, special care should be taken in 6-layer PCB lamination. The other production processes are the same as 2-layer or 4-layer PCBs.
The standard thickness of a 6-Layer PCB is 1.6 mm. The thickness is various according to specific requirements.
Like other printed circuit boards, all kinds of components can be used in a 6 Layer PCB such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc. All of them will be mounted on a 6 Layer PCB in the PCB assembly process.
6 layers of copper circuit layers are different according to the usage of each electronic device, but the typical one is: top layer – internal Ground Plane – internal signal 1 – internal signal 2 – internal Power Plane – bottom layer.
Different types of 6-layer PCB boards have different functions, so there is no best stackup. 6 layer PCB stack-up with 1.6 mm is the most commonly used one.